1. What are the types of RFID laundry tags? What are their characteristics, and how to choose?
According to the actual project requirement, the environment during washing and drying needs to be considered. How many recycle washing times, installation methods, reading distance, and the budget are needed? Washing method?
HUAYUAN can provide a variety of RFID laundry tags and the characteristic of each as follows:
|Product||RFID Textile Laundry tag||Over-molding RFID Laundry tag||Epoxy Laundry tag||Soft Laundry tag||Care Label(Dry cleaning Tag)|
|Features||Soft, thin, waterproof, temperature and pressure resistant, reusable, chemical resistant||Robust, waterproof, temperature and pressure resistant, reusable, corrosion resistant||Cost effective, Robust, waterproof, temperature and pressure resistant, reusable, corrosion resistant||Flexible, waterproof, corrosion-resistant, pressure-resistant, reusable||cost-effectively|
|Dimension||70*15mm, 55*12mm, 70*40mm, 70*25mm, customized size||Dia 20mm, dia 22mm, dia 26mm||Dia26mm||55*12mm||Custom|
|Washing times||> 200 washing cycles or 2 years||>200 washing cycles||>200 washing cycles||>200 washing cycles||3~5 times|
|Temperature resistance||-25°C to +120°C||-35 °C to 140 °C||-20 °C to 85 °C||-35 °C to 120 °C185°C 15mins||/|
|Pressure resistance||4 bar pressure, humidity at 5~95% RH, Maximum pressure: 60 bar||Water pressure 45 bar 10h||Water pressure 45 bar 10h||Suitable for high-pressure extractors up to 45 bar 10h||/|
|Frequency||Global UHF||125khz, 13.56Mhz, Global UHF||13.56MHz, 125khz||Global UHF||Global UHF|
|Variable data||EPC encoding||Laser ID, UID data, chip encoding||Laser ID, UID data, chip encoding||Logo pad printing, Laser ID, UID data, chip encoding||Printing, chip encoding, custom variable data printing|
|Installation||Stitching, or heat sealing, Put into small cloth bag, Hanging||Stitching||Stitching||Put into small cloth bag and stitching||Stitching|
2. Some Frequently Asked Questions of HUAYUAN UHF Linen RFID Tags
Q1, What materials are made of UHF linen tags?
A: 70% cotton + 30% polyester
Q2, What is the production capacity of your company?
A: 100K production capacity per day.
Q3, What sizes do you have? Can HUAYUAN do tailor-made size?
A: We have several sizes for selection, such as 34*34mm, 55*12mm, 70*15mm, 70*25mm, 70*40mm, 75*11mm, 87*17mm. The most popular size is 55*12mm, 70*15mm.
Q4, What is the difference between round IC and square module?
A: HUAYUAN has two shaped of IC.
A), Round IC: Traditional IC encapsulation. The thickness of the chip part is 1.72mm.
B), Square IC: The upgraded of round IC. 3.5mm square module encapsulation with better stable performance, withstand high temperature of 400℃, resist various chemicals and liquids, higher pressure resistance. More thinner 1.1~1.2mm.
Q5, What are the ways to install UHF linen tags?
A: You can choose to install by stitching, heat sealing, the laundry tag can be put into a fabric bag and then stitched on the clothing/linen sheet, hanging.
Q6, What temperature can the UHF linen label withstand?
- Working temperature: -25°C~+90°C.
- Heat resistant 180°C for 30 second at 4 bar pressure.
Q7, How to install the hot-sealing fabric laundry tag?
A: HUAYUAN use TPU heat-sealing glue, its melting point is 95°C. The heat-seal it with 130~180°C for around 8~15s.
Q8, Is it possible to do personalized coding?
A: Yes, pre-printed QR, Barcode or numbering as customer’s requesting. Support variable data processing, with TID database provide with delivery.
Q9, What is your quality rate? Can it be 100% qualified?
A: HUAYUAN UHF linen tag inspection 100% before shipment.
Q10, What test report do you have?
A: We have test report by SGS. We can share with you if you like.
Q11, Do you have OEKOTEX certificate？
A: If clients need it, we can do OEKOTEX certificate.
Q12, What is the service life of linen tag?
A: 200 wash cycles or 2 years,
Q13, What is the read distance?
A: Long read distance up to 7 Meters with consistent performance.
Q14, Is there any change in performance after multiple recycle washing such as 100 times?
A: Performance would drops 15% after more than 100 washing times.
3. What are hang tag materials and their gsm?
Paper and paperboard are widely used for hang tag.
Standard gsm including: 300g, 350g, 400g, 600g and 700g
HUAYUAN adopts materials from UPM and Avery Dennison which guarantee quality, certifications, and the stability of adhesive performance.
4. What is highest and lowest storage temperature to RFID Tags? Any special request to the facestock and adhesive?
Flexible RFID Tag consisted of two parts: raw material and RFID inlay. It needs to be stored in 10°C – 30°C degree and RH20% – 60%. Do keep the package sealed before usage. RFID tags must be applied at room temperature, storing for at least 10 hours if the working environment is out of room temperature range.
Flexible RFID tags can be stored in temperature between -198°C to +150°C with special facestock and adhesive.
RFID tag working temperature is -20°C to +80°C, therefore, we can’t guarantee RFID tags’ performance when temperature out of this range. And standard RFID readers only work at room temperature as well.
5. How can flexible RFID tags be waterproof?
HUAYUAN has a variety of materials and glue solutions for waterproof, oil resistant, and chemicals resistant. Please tell us the object or material and the working environment to ensure that the label works properly in a specific environment.
6. What factors affect RFID frequency?
Only metal issue needs be considered for HF/NFC RFID Tag e-performance.
As UHF RFID is very sensitive to achieve the target performance, the dielectric constant of the working environment needs to be considered, like glass, marble, fabric etc. And water and metal affect frequency seriously.
7. How to increase UHF RFID Tag’s reading range?
* Optimize Antenna Design
* Antenna Size: Enlarge antenna dimension
* RFID Chip: Adopting a highly sensitive RFID chip, like UCODE 7/8, MONZA R6/R6-P
* RFID Reader: Select qualified reader
* RFID Reader Power
* Optimize cooperation of RFID tag antenna and reader antenna
8. Which RFID Tag with good omnidirectional performance?
Omnidirectional RFID Chip: IMPINJ MONZA 4QT
Antenna: Generally, antenna design in square or rectangle, such as 44x44mm, has good reading performance in multiple directions.
An omnidirectional antenna is composed of two sets of far-field antennas.
9. What issues affect RFID consistency? How to improve?
Since UHF RFID is very sensitive that all components and processes during production may affects its consistency. HUAYUAN has strict QC system by using Tagsurance online inspection equipment and Voyantic.
Please consultant detailed information with our sales and engineers.
10. What issues affects RFID tags’ performance?
In general, RFID tags’ performance including electrical performance, physical performance and reliability performance.
* E-Performance: Antenna materials, RFID tag converting process, as well as the object to be attached.
* Physical Performance: Distortions, bends, stretches, etc.
* Reliability Performance: Temperature, humidity, and other conditions, as well as the adhesion of adhesive layer.
11. Can Roll to Roll RFID Tags be CMYK Pre-printed?
Yes, full color can be CMYK pre-printed on paper or plastic face stock or liner.
12. Can different RFID chips share the same antenna design?
Definitely not. But the same serial of RFID chips could share the same antenna if their technical specifications are all the same, like IMPINJ MONZA R6 and R6-P, and NXP NTAG21X serial chips.
13. Can HUAYAUN design RFID antenna based on customers’ request?
Of course, please consult our sales and share all request of application and target performance.
14. Can HUAYUAN do EPC encoding and QR printing? How to ensure the data accuracy?
Yes, we can do EPC encoding and QR/Barcode printing. And the OCR facilities, Tagsurance, for online verification system ensures data accuracy.
15. How to inspect Web RFID Tag?
By using Tagsurance online inspection equipment, and artificial visual inspection. The optical visual checking line will be used when quantity reaches 5m.
16. What are RFID Label packaging precautions?
RFID dry inlay requires 2 line paper tap protection on each side, packed with dry inlay, to protect RFID chip from crush damage.
RFID labels typically use a 3-inch roll core, and the OD is less than 210 mm.
Both packed by an anti-static bag with vacuum applied.
Please note, custom package can be offered.
17. What are RFID Label storage requirements?
RFID label needs to be stored at 10℃ ~ 30℃, and RH20-60% environment, with anti-static bag sealed. They can be stored for one year in such environment.
18. What are RFID Apparel Tag standard format and their features?
Flexible RFID Tag, RFID Hang Tag, Fabric RFID Tag
* Flexible RFID Tag: Most cost-effective solution.
* RFID Hang Tag: Embedded RFID inlay into the hang tag, easy to use, and won’t affect the hang tag design.
* Fabric RFID Tag: 2-10 times washable. It solves the trouble that RFID tags or RFID hang tags are easily missing.
19. How to improve the softness of Fabric RFID Tag?
* Customized RFID inlay with thinner substrate and use softer fabric.
* Printing graphene or silver antenna on the fabric directly.
20. What are features to RFID Windshield Tags?
Flexible RFID Label and RFID Card are two standard formats as windshield tag. They are widely used for highway toll collection, parking lot access etc. Heat resistant, chemical resistant, anti-oil, anti UV and waterproof etc. are required due to the working environment. Furthermore, as some applications involve authentication, payment etc., special requirements for EPC memory and encryption levels are needed in such case.
21. Due to the complexity of the industrial environment applications, what factors need to be considered?
The factors need to consider as follows
Application environment, temperature, humidity, indoor or outdoor use, pressure, and anti-collision.
The material of the tracked object (such as metal, wood, plastic, carton, etc.), size, material, installation method, etc.
Electrical performance: reading and writing distance, direction, and group reading requirements.
Variable data, numbering, encoding, Logo printing, etc.
22. What product forms can be provided in waste management applications? What are the characteristics of these products and how to choose?
There are two product solutions for trash management, laminated PVC tags and RFID worm tags.
|Type||Dimension||Color||IP||Installation||Logo||Variable data||Features||Chip option||Chip encoding||Cost|
|Economic laminated PVC tag||65*25mm100*25mm or customized size||White||IP67||self-adhesive, screw||Offset printing logoLaser logo||Variable barcode, QR code and laser ID data, chip encoding||Low cost, CMYK offset printing, customized size with low setup module cost||UHF, FDX, HDX, ICODE series chips, or as customer specific project requirements||134.2 KHz FDX BDE, EN 14803, DIN 30745， UHF EPC encoding, etc||✩✩|
|Durable Nylon worm tag with epoxy filling||Dis 30mm，15mm (H)||Black, yellow, green, orange, custom pantone color||IP68||screw||engraved on the mold||Laser ID data, chip encoding||Rugged, durable, application in more severe environments||UHF, FDX, HDX, ICODE series chips, or as customer specific project requirements||134.2 KHz FDX BDE, EN 14803, DIN 30745， UHF EPC encoding, etc||✩✩✩✩|
23. Can HUAYUAN offer brand inlay, like Avery Dennison and Smartrac etc?
HUAYUAN will not copy brand inlays.
Antennas and inlays have specific parameters. We can design RFID inlay based on your request. Or if a sample could be offered, HUAYUAN is capable of designing RFID inlay with similar performance.
24. Can logo be printed on the antenna?
Sure your logo can be printed on the Aluminum Antenna design. But you have to bear set up cost of new printing board around 800USD – 1200USD.